For 31 years, Beckley’s Camping Center has been on a mission to provide the best RVs and RV service with an impeccably honest approach to business and customer service. We thought it might be interesting to share some facts about the activity, and about Beckley’s Camping Center, that you may not know.
- A recent survey found that for a family of four, traveling by RV on vacation can save them 23 to 59 percent on their vacation cost.
- In the 31 year history of Beckley’s we have sold about 24,000 recreational vehicles.
- Ever notice how many RV’s are on the road? There are more than ever, with almost 9 million families owning one.
- The average RV owner is 48 years old.
- Almost half of all campers choose a state park to camp in.
- Beckley’s Camping Center regularly stocks over 15,000 individual parts in our 5,400 square foot parts department.
- Almost 40% of RVers have children under the age of 18 living at home.
- Over 40 million Americans go camping sometime during the course of a year.
- Beckley’s has a 11,375 square foot, 12-bay service shop with 10 master certified technicians that can get you back on the road quickly!
- RV owners, on average, put about 4,500 miles on their RV each year.
- There are over 42,000 people employed by recreational vehicle dealers nationwide.
- The average camper travels 190 miles to go camping.
- RV ownership has increased almost 60% since 1980.
- The average RV owner spends from 28 to 35 days per year using their RV.
- There are over 16,000 public and private places to camp for RVers in America.
If you want to see some really great numbers, come to Beckley’s Camping Center in Thurmont, Maryland. We offer unbeatable prices on new and used RV’s. We now even offer rental RVs for those who want to experience the lifestyle before buying. We are the Maryland RV dealer with no hidden fees and we have over 300 RVs in stock.