Photo by hnau (Flickr Creative Commons)
Did you make the resolution to eat a little healthier and use your gym membership in 2014? Well, we can’t make you go to the gym, but here at Beckley’s Camping Center, we think that eating healthy and the RV lifestyle go hand in hand. Try these delicious and healthy recipes in your RV instead of pulling over for fast food, and that New Year’s resolution will seem a little more achievable.
Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Olives
What You’ll Need:
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (multi-colored if available)
- 3 tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing
- 20 olives (halved)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbles)
- Turn grill on medium-high heat.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken and place it on the grill.
- Grill for six minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Combine tomatoes, 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing and olives in a skillet, and warm the combination for two minutes on medium heat.
- Brush the remaining dressing over the chicken and cut each breast into slices.
- Top with 1/4 cup of the tomato/olive mixture and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Cherry and Sunflower Seed Kale Salad
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup red onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 5 ounces baby kale
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Make a dressing by combining the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and honey in a large salad bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (kale, dried cherries, onion and sunflower seeds) to the large salad bowl and toss all of the ingredients with the dressing.
- Enjoy this tasty meal as a quick-and-easy lunch or light dinner.
Beckley’s Camping Center
At Beckley’s Camping Center — your one-stop shop for everything RV in Maryland — we think the best way to enjoy the new year is to get out there an explore in your RV. And if you’re looking for a new or used RV for sale to start your year off right, we’re open six days a week, so don’t hesitate to stop by and see us.