It’s the holiday season and what better way to see the sights than taking a road trip in an RV. With the comfort of home at your fingertips, holiday travel is a pleasure. If you’re looking to buy a new or used recreational vehicle so you, too, can enjoy the scenic sights of the holidays, a visit to Beckley’s Camping Center is a good place to start.
If you’re in the market for a new or used RV, Beckley’s has a wide variety to choose from and if you’re not sure or ready to make a purchase, ask about their RV rentals and get an idea about over-the-road camping before you buy.
Once you’re ready to roll, set your sights for one of the brightest cities on the east coast for Christmas – New York City.
Things to Do
- The Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting Ceremony takes place at Rockefeller Plaza on Wednesday, December 4. Watch as over 30,000 lights highlight the spectacular evergreen in a bevy of colors.
- On Tuesday, December 10, take a stroll to Madison Square Park for the tree lighting that first took place in 1912.
- At the American Museum of Natural History, see the craftiest tree in town as more than 500 innovative origami ornaments – each handmade – adorn the museum’s Christmas tree on display Sunday, December 1 through Sunday, January 5.
New York is known for its shopping venues and Christmas is one of the busiest times of year for finding the perfect gift. Just a few of the places to visit for something special include:
- Columbus Circle Holiday Market at Central Park West.
- Union Square Holiday Market with its 125 vendors.
- Grand Central Terminal Holiday Fair and historic Vanderbilt Hall.
- Macy’s with this year’s window displays theme being The Magic of Christmas.
Things to See
- Through December 30, celebrate 85 years with the Radio City Christmas Spectacular at the Radio City Music Hall.
- From December 13 – December 22, The American Ballet will perform The Nutcracker at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House.
- On December 28 – December 30, the New York City Ballet will perform Balanchine’s version of The Nutcracker at Lincoln Center.
Make your plans and check them twice then stop by Beckley’s for any last minute service checks or accessories for the trip.