Your pop-up camper is important to you. It can last for years to come if you know how to take care of it to save on wear and damage.
- Make sure the canvas is always dry and clean when you are putting it away and storing it. If it is wet or dirty, mold can collect and cause considerable damage.
- Repair any tears in the canvas or screens immediately. Small tears can be repaired with a needle and thread, but a large tear may need to be patched or replaced completely. The sooner you repair a tear, the less likely it is going to get larger and create a huge problem.
- Keep the tent clean and sealed to keep out bugs and animals. Animals can get into a pop up tent and cause damage, and bugs cause all kinds of problems. Keep out food debris and clean the tent as often as possible.
- If there are holes, use a sealant to fix them before things get out. Sealant wills also help keep the tent warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Check tires, lights and crank for wear regularly and before going on a trip or returning from a trip. The sooner problems are fixed, the better.
If you take good care of your folding pop-up camper it will last a long time. Be sure to check out your local Maryland RV dealer for all your RV needs.